cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Worker Agent does not start

abaali
1-Newbie

Worker Agent does not start

Hello All,

I'm trying to setup my worker to work with Solidworks. I get the following error in the logs:

[2017-02-07 11:35:28] workermonitor - Version : Creo 3.1 - M010 (13.3.10.27) i486_nt

[2017-02-07 11:35:28] Logging level set to 0x01.

[2017-02-07 11:35:28] Connecting to server "XYZ.com" on port 5600

[2017-02-07 11:35:28] Connection established

[2017-02-07 11:35:28] Got version 8 INIT  FAILURE (with no description) from WVS.

[2017-02-07 11:35:28] Monitor Shutting down.

The worker does NOT indicate "Fails to start" in the Worker Agent Administration page, it just stays off.

In sw2pv_config.exe, I have

- the setup directory pointing to the folder sw_setup

- Server Host & Server Port 5600: Failing the test, I get this message

Set keepalive ok

The CADAgent rejected the connection, is it configured for a SOLIDWORKS worker on machine WIN-9U6A5RRLNG0 (alias not set)?

What I've tried so far:

- Checked that the host name and port 5600 are correct

- Checked that the system does not run out of memory

- Checked for other forums with the same issue

Please help,

Ammar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think this is a problem with the hostname. The host name which your worker claims is not same as the hostname which you have in your agent.ini file.

Are you using a alternate hostname or shortname? If you are not using a shortname(just the hostname), try using shortname in your agent.ini.

On a sidenote, the localfilepath is incorrect, and this is not the reason of the error though- localpath=ftp:.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Hi Ammar,

After setting up worker directory on CAD worker, you will also need to configure CAD worker agent from CAD worker administration. If you already did this, then please hare you agent.ini file.

Also check if you have following property set in wvs.properties

<Property name="worker.exe.whitelist.prefixes" overridable="true"

targetFile="codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties"

value="C:\|D:\|G:\|/|nohup /"/>

Thanks a lot for the reply Dipak.

My trusted prefixes are set correctly. Here is the content of agent.ini:

[agent]

transferpath=$(wt.temp)\transfer

port=5600

numworkers=1

;

[worker1]

localpath=ftp:

maxinstances=1

username=

prompt=

starttime=80

host=XYZ.com

password=

autostart=false

autoidlestop=

startfromlocal=FALSE

exe=D:\ptc\creo_view_adapters\sw_setup\swworker.bat

remotepath=

hosttype=local

port=601

distributed=false

autoerrorstop=false

availabletime=

shapetype=SOLIDWORKS

autobusystop=

;

Ammar

Hi Ammar,

Could you please share worker logs as well as CADAgents logs along with a screenshot of CAD worker?

Dipak

bkontham
11-Garnet
(To:abaali)

Not the same issue as what I'm having. My worker isn't failing to start it's just staying off. My host name is correct.

Any other idea?

SergeyEfimov
13-Aquamarine

The property "worker.exe.whitelist.prefixes" is case sensitive

<Property name="worker.exe.whitelist.prefixes" overridable="true"

targetFile="codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties"

value="d:\|D:\"/>

Thank you Sergey but unfortunately the issue is not originating from the prefixes, I have them already setup correctly.

Can you think of another solution?

SergeyEfimov
13-Aquamarine

The SolidWorks starts?

I think this is a problem with the hostname. The host name which your worker claims is not same as the hostname which you have in your agent.ini file.

Are you using a alternate hostname or shortname? If you are not using a shortname(just the hostname), try using shortname in your agent.ini.

On a sidenote, the localfilepath is incorrect, and this is not the reason of the error though- localpath=ftp:.

abaali
1-Newbie

For those with a similar problem in the future.. Solution was:

Enter in command prompt "hostname", and make sure the server in D:\ptc\creo_view_adapters\sw_setup\adapter.pvi and the worker administration configuration host have the same value as the one returned by the command prompt.

This value is not necessarily the Windchill URL (part in bold) XYZ.com\Windchill\app... It was the computer name...

Good luck,

Ammar

ng-2
5-Regular Member

hello

I am trying the same but my agent.ini file is still empty after configuring the worker agent.

Is agent.ini generates scripts inside it automatically when we configure worker agent OR we have to manually set the script in agent.ini file

let my host name is: test.com

so what will be exact values in wvs properties

i am getting the following values (worker.exe.whitelist.prefixes=C\:/ptc/creo_view_adapters/proe_setup)

and what about the second script , what is the exact script to execute  (worker.exe.whitelist.prefixes.<worker_host>)

please any one tell me the exact script to run with my host name

thanks in advance

Nimish

Top Tags