cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Workflow question about revisions

DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock

Workflow question about revisions

I have a quick question regarding workflows and their ability to revise EPM Documents. (For reference I'm using Windchill 8.0)

First, a little background. Our current revision scheme consists of a numeric sequence (1, 2, 3, ... 50) followed by the Harvard series (-, A, B, C, etc.). We also use a two-phase life-cycle scheme; phase 1 is Concept and Prototype, phase 2 is Production Released and Production Change (Under Review is in there too, but it's not currently used). This is all controlled via manually modifying both the life-cycle state and the revision; very cumbersome. New objects begin using the numeric sequence (at Rev 1) for Concept and Prototype, and when they're ready for release they are moved to the Harvard series (Rev -) for Production Release and Production Change.

I've given myself the task of both cleaning up our current process and developing a workflow to handle the development and release of new CAD files.

My question is this; is it possible to use workflows to chagne the revision from a numeric value to Rev - (dash)? I ask this knowing the old "anything is possible with enough time and money" answer, but I can't use that. It would have to be a solution that's as close to out of the box as possible. If Windchill can't do it easily, I may simply pursue convincing the powers that be to drop the numeric portion of the revision sequence and develop internal standards that specify how each life cycle state can be usd.

Thanks in advance.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags