cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Xconfmanager

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Xconfmanager

I added a couple of settings to a new Windchill 12.0.2.8 system for wt.FV settings. When I use xconfmnager -d on the settings, 2 of them show as being in site.conf and wt,properties with the target being codebase\wt.properties. The other 2 only show as being in site.conf but they do have the target set to codebase\wt.properties. Yet when I open wt.properties, I can find all 4 settings and set to my values. 

Anyone else seen this odd result?

4 REPLIES 4
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:BenLoosli)

Hi @BenLoosli 

It happend to me if I missspelled the wt.properties file name with different file extension for example .proprties 😄

PetrH

edit:

I missunderstand your problem 

The -d as a describe action shows all settings defined in XCON files even though the values are not propagated to the target properties files.

So be sure to use -p to propagate all values.

I can advice always control the target file if the value has been propagated. 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:HelesicPetr)

Been there, done that ☺

The system will create a new file with whatever name you give it.

In my case, I can open wt.properties in Notepad and see the 4 file vault settings, so I know they are in the right files, just xconfmanager does not display that fact. Xconfmanager does show thw line of the setting in the site.conf file. 2 of the settings display right, 2 don't.

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

@BenLoosli 

what xconfmanager -d shows to you? the last setting from xconf.properties files? or actual target values? 

As I know that xconfmanager -d do not shows the actual values from target files but the values from xconf files.

PetrH

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

@BenLoosli 

I missunderstand your problem 😄

The -d as a describe action shows all settings defined in XCON files even though the values are not propagated to the target properties files.

So be sure to use -p to propagate all values.

I can advice always control the target file if the value has been propagated. 

PetrH 

Announcements

Top Tags