cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

breaking references

psibenaller
4-Participant

breaking references

Hello

I'm trying to remove 2 parts from my Creo 2.0 workspace, but Windchill insists that they cannot be removed without also removing the parent object.  The parent object does not use these 2 parts.  How can I break the link between the parent and children?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You may see some failed or missing reference in the Reference viewer window. You can RMB on the missing ref and hit break references.

Sometime you may not find the Break ref option. That time find the feature that is referencing this missing reference, go to that feature and redefine the feature to remove missing references.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

use the reference viewer to check for missing references and try to break them.

Hi mrv,

I got that far, but I can't figure out how to break the references in reference viewer.  Can you help me out there?

Thanks

You may see some failed or missing reference in the Reference viewer window. You can RMB on the missing ref and hit break references.

Sometime you may not find the Break ref option. That time find the feature that is referencing this missing reference, go to that feature and redefine the feature to remove missing references.

That's kind of what I was afraid of, no break break references option.  Thank you for your help.

A workaround I found somewhere on this site (I can't find it now to add a link) is to export the parent object from my workspace, remove the parts with the goofed up references, then import the parent object back into my workspace, leaving behind the parts with the goofy references.  Some other stuff got messed up when I did this, and it took about the same amount of time to repair the assembly as it would to find and redefine the feature.

Update: I found the workaround ghost objects - PTC Community

canderson
6-Contributor
(To:manjunathrv)

How do you break a mirror reference.  I found the object reference in the Reference Viewer.. but the user had mirrored the part then removed the original part.

Top Tags