cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

document should not be sent to Publishing

DB_10822091
4-Participant

document should not be sent to Publishing

Hi,

If I want a specific subtype of Document in Windchill not be sent to workers for publishing. 

Where exactly we need to make changes in wvs.properties

this is causing two problems:

1. It is keeping AutoCAD workers busy during their execution which delays the others publishing

2. Failed jobs count is high in WVS job monitoring. 

Please help me to find a solution for this.

Thanks 

BR,

Prasanna

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:DB_10822091)

Go to the Site-Utilities and select Publish and Thumbnail Control. In there you can block certain documents from being submitted to the publisher.

DB_10822091
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

no no. I accepted as solution by mistake 

But Its only for specific documents 

I need that entire type of the document to prohibit publishing

I fixed that for you.

No its not yet.

I need where exactly we need to make this change. Where can i find the publishing rules? is it something we need to make this change in Wvs.properties (or) publishing rules?

This looks like a control assigned to specific document number/name vs. a document type. I am not the expert here, but it seems like a publishing rule needs to be created if you want to block a specific document type based on its type, state, etc.

We are working on this right now to stop all the failed jobs being cycled through the publisher for items that cannot be published like ECAD and Creo Material and Harness Mfg files.

Didn't we see this under a different post a few weeks back? So these AutoCAD files are handled via WTDocuments right? Have you tried looking at publishing rules? 

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.1.1.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/WVSPublishRules/WVSPublishRulesUsePubRules.html

Top Tags