cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

hide/show wt.doc attributes in a search based on security label

hvanschijndel
1-Newbie

hide/show wt.doc attributes in a search based on security label

Hello All,

Is there a way to hide or show document attributes during a search, for main or sub-types, based on the security label that document has?

I am looking for a way to search for all documents in a specific library and will get some or all attribute information back in the search depending on the security label of the document and the user who is in or outside that security group. The document will allways show up in the search but when you go to the information page only the allowed attributes are shown.

e.g.

Document A is a general document without security label and Document B with the security label Secret.

General user:

Document A, Attribute 1, 2, 3, 4

Document B, Attribute 1

Secret user

Document A, Attribute 1, 2, 3, 4

Document B, Attribute 1, 2,3, 4

Any help or insight would be helpful.

7 REPLIES 7

Hello Darren,

I was able to setup profiles and did see that I could hide e.g. the value of an attribute but when I am using a Security Label the document isn't showing up at all when your are not part of that Security group.

I am now seeking for an alternative for Security Labels to limit the access to documents.

regards, Hein

Hi, Hein!

You can create filter that will hide or show your attribute. Use jcaDebug=1 on your page and you will see wich filter validate any attribute. See the customizers guide for creating filters and validators.

Hello Anton,

I tried to use it but Windchill is not responding anymore when I add that specific setting on my page url. I am using 10.1 M040.

Do I need to set/define something else?

Thanks in advance, Hein

Add it to the end of url: &jcaDebug=1

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:hvanschijndel)

As you noted, enabling security labels restricts access to the whole object--not just attributes on the object. The profile may work to hide attribute values for certain users. To control whether users have access to the actual documents you can set up the filter as Anton suggested, or set up ACLs to control the access to them.

Thank you all for the answers. I probably go for ACL's, Profiles and maybe some extra sub domains to divide access to documents.

Grtz, Hein

Top Tags