cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to export the table contents(ie object list) to excel

SOLVED
bmarimuthu

how to export the table contents(ie object list) to excel

I want to excel the windchill table so that i can find the list of parts and drawings and their state.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Polls

Windchill Customers

What browser do you most commonly use? (Chrome, Firefox, Edge Chromium, Internet Explorer 11, Safari, Other)

Accepted Solutions

Re: how to export the table contents(ie object list) to excel

Ok it's the workspaces content.

But it already has the 'export to file' action ! ( sorry, picture below in French 🙂 )

Sélection_161.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

Do you want to export an existing table content to XL, or create a new table and be able to export its content to XL ?

I want to export an exixting table content.

Ok, so there are 2 cases :

The easiest one, your table already has a menu, like the parts references documents

Sélection_158.png

If you add &jcaDebug=1 in the page URL, ie : Windchill/app/#ptc1/tcomp/infoPage?oid=VR%3Awt.part.WTPart%3A149827&u8=1&jcaDebug=1

You can find the action model used by the table :

in my example relatedDocumentReferencesToolBar in the definition file: /config/actions/PartDocument-actionmodels.xml

Sélection_159.png

And you just need to add the actionModel in codebase/config/actions/custom-actionModels.xml

and insert the action folderbrowser_toolbar_exportlisttofile_submenu  like this.

<model name="relatedDocumentReferencesToolBar">

<action name="related_add_references"                    type="part" shortcut="true"/>        <!-- Add References Document -->

<action name="related_doc_create_wizard_part_references" type="document" shortcut="true"/>    <!-- Create and associate a references document -->

<action name="related_delete_references"                 type="part" shortcut="true"/>        <!-- Remove References Document -->

<action name="related_copy_references"                   type="part" shortcut="true"/>        <!-- Copy to Clipboard -->

<action name="separator"                                 type="separator" shortcut="true"/>   <!-- ===================================== -->

<action name="related_paste_references"                  type="part" shortcut="true"/>        <!-- Paste References Document from Clipboard -->

<action name="related_paste_select_references"           type="part" shortcut="true"/>      <!-- Paste Select References Document from Clipboard -->

<submodel name="folderbrowser_toolbar_exportlisttofile_submenu"/> 

</model>

After reloading the actions, or a server restart , you can export to XL and even more 🙂 :

Sélection_160.png

If your table has no menu/action bar, it's a little bit more complexe, as you'll need to extend its controller to add a menu...

Thank you olivierfresse.......... ok as you said i didnt find the menu/action bar .

Which table is it ?

issu.PNGthis table which list the parts

I want this list in excel is there any way of getting these data in excel

Ok it's the workspaces content.

But it already has the 'export to file' action ! ( sorry, picture below in French 🙂 )

Sélection_161.png

View solution in original post

thankyou olivierfresse i got it.

Announcements
Learn more about how we are using our browser poll here

Polls

Windchill Customers

What browser do you most commonly use? (Chrome, Firefox, Edge Chromium, Internet Explorer 11, Safari, Other)