cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

how to export the table contents(ie object list) to excel

bmarimuthu
1-Newbie

how to export the table contents(ie object list) to excel

I want to excel the windchill table so that i can find the list of parts and drawings and their state.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok it's the workspaces content.

But it already has the 'export to file' action ! ( sorry, picture below in French 🙂 )

Sélection_161.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

Do you want to export an existing table content to XL, or create a new table and be able to export its content to XL ?

I want to export an exixting table content.

Ok, so there are 2 cases :

The easiest one, your table already has a menu, like the parts references documents

Sélection_158.png

If you add &jcaDebug=1 in the page URL, ie : Windchill/app/#ptc1/tcomp/infoPage?oid=VR%3Awt.part.WTPart%3A149827&u8=1&jcaDebug=1

You can find the action model used by the table :

in my example relatedDocumentReferencesToolBar in the definition file: /config/actions/PartDocument-actionmodels.xml

Sélection_159.png

And you just need to add the actionModel in codebase/config/actions/custom-actionModels.xml

and insert the action folderbrowser_toolbar_exportlisttofile_submenu  like this.

<model name="relatedDocumentReferencesToolBar">

<action name="related_add_references"                    type="part" shortcut="true"/>        <!-- Add References Document -->

<action name="related_doc_create_wizard_part_references" type="document" shortcut="true"/>    <!-- Create and associate a references document -->

<action name="related_delete_references"                 type="part" shortcut="true"/>        <!-- Remove References Document -->

<action name="related_copy_references"                   type="part" shortcut="true"/>        <!-- Copy to Clipboard -->

<action name="separator"                                 type="separator" shortcut="true"/>   <!-- ===================================== -->

<action name="related_paste_references"                  type="part" shortcut="true"/>        <!-- Paste References Document from Clipboard -->

<action name="related_paste_select_references"           type="part" shortcut="true"/>      <!-- Paste Select References Document from Clipboard -->

<submodel name="folderbrowser_toolbar_exportlisttofile_submenu"/> 

</model>

After reloading the actions, or a server restart , you can export to XL and even more 🙂 :

Sélection_160.png

If your table has no menu/action bar, it's a little bit more complexe, as you'll need to extend its controller to add a menu...

Thank you olivierfresse.......... ok as you said i didnt find the menu/action bar .

Which table is it ?

issu.PNGthis table which list the parts

I want this list in excel is there any way of getting these data in excel

Ok it's the workspaces content.

But it already has the 'export to file' action ! ( sorry, picture below in French 🙂 )

Sélection_161.png

thankyou olivierfresse i got it.

Top Tags