cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

i want to load the product template through load from file

RaikarRaghu
6-Contributor

i want to load the product template through load from file

I just unzipped the product template, i fond two xml TAG-0.xml and TAG_ContainerTemplate-0.xml. iam unable to load 

RR_11032239_0-1716100119205.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Please @RaikarRaghu 

can you understand that you use wrong container to load? 

If you download something from Windchill do not expect that you can easily load it by load from file instantly.

share the XML and others can see where is your issue.

PetrH

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @RaikarRaghu,

Thank you for your question. 
I’d like to recommend to bring more details and context to your initial inquiry

It also helps to have screenshot(s) to better understand what you are trying to do in your process. 

This will increase your chances to receive meaningful help from other Community members. 

Regards,

Community Moderation Team.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:RaikarRaghu)

I've done this before where I downloaded the product template, extracted the files, edited and want to import back in. Are you looking at updating existing contexts? Or are you looking at updating the product template for new products? If its the latter, I recommend zipping it back up and using the web UI.

avillanueva_0-1716462262279.png

You can provide the modified template file back again.

As an aside, once, a long, long time ago,  I did take a product template, extract the files and make ACL changes that I want to propagate to all existing contexts.  It only allowed me to add but I took a portion of the template, not the whole thing. I had to run it for each context. In hindsight, I was better off make the changes via the UI which is a PITA but I did not have to fight with the command line.  I was able to create a check report in Excel that can help spot deviations between the ACLs which would in my case.

Hello @RaikarRaghu,

It looks like you have a response from a community member. If it helped you solve your question please mark the reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Hi @vnamboodheri 

Thank you  for your response.

Yah i tried by loading that xml through import in UI level its importing. Now i am trying to load through loaders.

In the below image, i import the Tag-0.xml through UI level, template get created , and same xml i tried through loader it was failing.

RR_11032239_1-1717139020721.png

RR_11032239_0-1717138815433.png

this is my bat file, once i run that bat file it will execute the load command from the windchill shell.

error message after the running the load command

RR_11032239_2-1717141005562.png

Hi @RaikarRaghu 

CONTH PATH is not correctly defined

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS384545

the argument has to be between " as example in the article.

In your case the " is missing

-CONT_PATH \"/wt.inf.container.OrgContainer=Demo Organization\"

put your parameter tmp_org between "".

PetrH

Hello @HelesicPetr 

this is the command i am using :-

windchill wt.load.LoadFromFile -d D:\ptc\Windchill_12.1\Windchill\loadFiles\suprajith\sup_product\TAG-0.xml -u wcadmin -p wcadmin -CONT_PATH \"/wt.inf.container.OrgContainer=PTC\".

I modified and i tried it is not loaded.

RR_11032239_1-1717220470401.png

this is  the error message i am getting and i have one more query how the template name get created.

Thanks

Chceck the methodserver log
PetrH
Sent from mobile

RR_11032239_2-1717249265542.png

This is the  MS logs i found only this much

Please anyone can help me to load the product template through a loafromfile utility.

Hi @RaikarRaghu 

the log says that you use organisation container instead of product container. 

HelesicPetr_0-1718012637826.png

so your xml can be bad. 

Hi @HelesicPetr 

Thank you for your response, i tried by loading the same xml file from the UI Import action it is successfully creating template, but if i tried with the loadfromfile utility it was failing to create the template.

Please @RaikarRaghu 

can you understand that you use wrong container to load? 

If you download something from Windchill do not expect that you can easily load it by load from file instantly.

share the XML and others can see where is your issue.

PetrH

Top Tags