cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

info engine yyy.windchill adapter

ManojC
1-Newbie

info engine yyy.windchill adapter

Hi,

After reading some artical, I came to know that, number of yyy.windchill adaters present in Info*Engine administrator screen is equal to the number of method server configured.

but recently I have set up a cluster and also monolothic environment, where it is not so, we have only one yyy.Windchill adapter for 3 MethodServer .

So confused .. Do I have to create 2 more adaters or can leave it as it is , because currently it is working fine, without any problem..

Also I want to know what are the advantages of maintaining equal number of adapter as foreground methodservers. when as one can handle all the requests as it is in my case .. does it improve performence or any other benifts or it has neutral effect on performence ??

please share your opinion ,, if did not understood my point please put it .. I will try to explain again ..

1 REPLY 1
ChrisSpartz
12-Amethyst
(To:ManojC)

Each foreground MS needs to run its own Windchill adapter. In previous versions of Windchill, each Windchill adapter definition would specify a single port to run on. There needed to be one adapter definition for each foreground MS, so that each MS could run it's Windchill adapter on a unique port.

However, in 10.2, there is only one Windchill adapter definition which includes a range of ports. Each foreground MS will still run it's own adapter on a unique port. But, all of the foreground MS's will share one Windchill adapter definition.

Top Tags