cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

possible to revert back CPS

Rahul_Rathore
6-Contributor

possible to revert back CPS

Is it possible to revert back CPS installation to the previous one?

I am using the windchill 11.1 MO2O CPS16  on my local workstation and updated the CPS 18, after some time i realized that CPS16 was better than CPS18. So i want to revert back to CPS16?

Can i do that? What would be right options or steps to do that?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am sure there is no undo. Curious as to what is so bad that you would want to rollback? I would also note that you should be considering upgrading at some point since 11.1 is off support. 

The only way I would see to roll back would be to restore a snapshot or back up of the entire system. Each update or upgrade should be done with a restore point if something goes wrong.  The problem is that you mentioned it has been some time. This means that you've likely been in operation creating new data. I do not think those things are separable so unless you also roll back vaults, DB, LDAP to a common sync point, I think its too much effort. Sorry for not so good answer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I am sure there is no undo. Curious as to what is so bad that you would want to rollback? I would also note that you should be considering upgrading at some point since 11.1 is off support. 

The only way I would see to roll back would be to restore a snapshot or back up of the entire system. Each update or upgrade should be done with a restore point if something goes wrong.  The problem is that you mentioned it has been some time. This means that you've likely been in operation creating new data. I do not think those things are separable so unless you also roll back vaults, DB, LDAP to a common sync point, I think its too much effort. Sorry for not so good answer.

Hi @avillanueva 

Thank you so much for your guideness.

Your suggestion is ready helpful. So i will try to update or upgrade.

Thank You...!!!

Top Tags