cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

queue wt.router.3.1

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

queue wt.router.3.1

What does this queue do? All of sudden we went from 0 (for months and months) to 23000 entries today.

7 REPLIES 7

On 03/18/11 16:54, Mike Lockwood wrote:
>
> What does this queue do? All of sudden we went from 0 (for months and months) to 23000 entries today.
>

I believe this is a replication queue. Do you have file server replicas?

>
> -----End Original Message-----

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.
1525 E North St
PO Box 5060
Salina, KS USA 67401
email: -
Phone: 785-823-3276
Fax: 785-667-2695
------------------------------------------------------------------------

No replication and no cluster - simplest possible vaulting with no vaulting rules.

Actual queue name: wt.queue.ProcessingQueue.wt.router.3.1

Getting a bunch of emails from Windchill screaming at us that this queue is not happy.

This backed up on us once and that was when we ran out of space on the drive that Windchill was writing for temp files. Our upload folder was not being cleaned properly by the scheduled task. We had perfomance issues after the drive space was resolved till that queue emptied. Never did get a clear answer from tech support on
what it really did though.

Tyler

Sent from my Android phone using TouchDown (www.nitrodesk.com)

In 9.1, the wt.router.7.n queues are the replication queues (jobs copy content from the master to the replica). The wt.router.3.1 queue is the synchronization queue. This queue is used to copy any cached files to the master(s). If you have any File Servers that have been setup as cache servers, this synchronization will occur on a regularly scheduled basis. You can see if you have any files cached by going to Site > Utilities > File Server Manager which has the column No. of Cached Files. If you don’t have any File Servers setup, this may have something to do with the defaultuploadvault but I’m not 100% sure.

John M.

ArturPonurski
5-Regular Member
(To:MikeLockwood)

Hello Windchillers 🙂

Issue: wt.router.3.1 queue on WC 9.1 M050 is sometimes stuck (waiting entries in Queue manager do not decrease and # of files to synchronize between master site and RFS is increasing). It happened for me couple times in the last year. PTC said it is very hard to determine what caused it. No pattern so far and I cannot reproduce on DEV or TEST instance. We have cluster and when trying to stop then start this queue only (not the whole system) I got error message displayed in web browser: “An exception occurred while attempting to start the queue” so to restart this queue I need to stop/start windchill PROD. I can start/stop this queue on monolithic DEV instance but it’s not stuck on DEV so not sure if this could be related to having cluster/monolithic systems. Any ideas where I should start looking? PTC recommended network but Windchill being network/Internet intensive app should be able to handle network interruptions? (which we don’t have too often) As for now I enabled verbose for queues on BGMS log and I’m waiting for another incident like this.

Question related to my issue: Do you have weekly/montly windchill PROD instance restarts?

Thank you,

Artur

ArturPonurski
5-Regular Member
(To:MikeLockwood)

One user suggested:

"I have used the command line queue manager when I have not been able to clean up jobs from the GUI with the same error that you are experiencing. Try it and see if it works for you.

From a Windchill shell, run "windchill wt.queue.QueueManager" (or "java wt.queue.Queuemanager" depending on environment) to access a command line utility"

I tried that during PTC troubleshooting session. Same error was thrown this time on the command line:

DEV monolithic (works)

>>> Choose an option: 5

Queue wt.router.3.1 started.

PROD cluster (does not work)

>>> Choose an option: 5

An exception occurred while attempting to start the queue

Thank you for suggestion.

Artur

Am per my experience the best way to get rid of the Queue issue is a
re-start of the system. Since this is happening on Production Server, I
would suggest you that do this activity in the Maintenance window and check
what happens after the restart.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Mayur

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 7:30 PM, Artur Ponurski <
artur.ponurski@arvinmeritor.com> wrote:

> One user suggested:
>
> "I have used the command line queue manager when I have not been able to
> clean up jobs from the GUI with the same error that you are experiencing.
> Try it and see if it works for you.
>
> From a Windchill shell, run "windchill wt.queue.QueueManager" (or "java
> wt.queue.Queuemanager" depending on environment) to access a command line
> utility"
>
> I tried that during PTC troubleshooting session. Same error was thrown
> this time on the command line:
>
> DEV monolithic (works)
>
> >>> Choose an option: 5