cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

"As-Builts" anyone using Part Instances for this?

ptc-4902492
1-Newbie

"As-Builts" anyone using Part Instances for this?

I'm interested in hearing from anyone using the Part Instance functionality to track the "To Build - As Built - As Is (in Service)" condition of a Product? Application is low volume, high value heavy industrial equipment with fairly stringent QC and traceability requirements (so the Serialization capability has appeal).

I've done some investigations on this but find that there is little or no documentation beyond the most rudimentary of actions. I can see from the documentation how one would allocate/incorporate a new Serial Number of an existing Part, but what about the use case of Part B suprecedes Part A and you need to get a Serialized Instance of Part B incorporated into an Instance Structure?

Is anyone using Part Instances in conjunction with Windchill's Configuration Management capability? (Application is also Engeineer-to-Order/Configure-to-Order).

So if anyone is using Windchill for storing QC Records and supporting Traceability and Serialized Parts, I'd really like to hear about your experiences.

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements

Top Tags