cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

the server is not supported

ptc-174577
2-Guest

I have just installed creo Parametrice and tried to register our windchill server but we are getting the following message :-

We are running Windchill PDMLink 9.0 M080

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Brett...

Are you also still running Creo Elements Pro/5... or a previous version of Pro/E Wildfire? I get this same error because I already have the server registered to Creo Elements Pro/5. It sounds like perhaps Creo Parametric is trying to use the same server definition as your previous version... and failing.

I suspect you'll have to DELETE your current server definition and register the server again. Make sure you're done with everything (checked in all work, removed workspaces, etc) from your old version first.

I think that's what's going on. I seem to recall having the same issue and that's how I resolved it.

Thanks!

-Brian

BryanK
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-174577)

Hi,

You issue is probably related to cache. if you are running 2 versions of proe/ creo you need to set the cache for each version of proe.

the easy way to test is to delete the .wf folder then start proe and connect.

If that works and its not a compatibility issue I can send you an example of a batch file that you can use to set the cache when starting up.

-bryan

Top Tags