cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Raised text on non-planar surfaces

rpreliasco
5-Regular Member

Raised text on non-planar surfaces

I want to create raised or recessed text on non-planar surfaces. I did some searching and found this tutorial:

http://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_27/howto/bgf64/bgf64.htm

However this was written for WF4, and when I tried to follow it in Creo I hit a snag in step 3 when it says "in Sketcher, click Loop" and shows an icon that I can't find. Is there an updated procedure?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite
(To:rpreliasco)

4 REPLIES 4
DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite

Richard hope this helps...

Video Link : 2712

rpreliasco
5-Regular Member
(To:DavorGranic)

Thanks for the quick reply and the great video, I got busy and just got a chance to try it out. i am having a problem with the text sketch; I can create the letters but as soon as I click done the text disappears and can't be picked. In your example the letters stay visible. Is there some setting I need to change?

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite

So sketch with letters just disapear when you click done?

Check layers, maybe layer that holds all sketches is set to be hidden.

rpreliasco
5-Regular Member
(To:DavorGranic)

The sketches are on a layer called "03__PRT_ALL_CURVES" and the layer is not hidden, so they should be visible, correct?

Edit: I found the solution. File -> Options -> Model Display -> Show datum curve features

Top Tags