cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

What is an equivalent font in Excel

DennisRehmer
8-Gravel

What is an equivalent font in Excel

To all,

On a drawing, the default font style for text is called "FONT". Does anyone know if there is a font in Excel that might closely represent this, so if we add an excel sheet to a drawing, the fonts look similar?

Dennis J. Rehmer

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Since the topic of the improvement is WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get), I am not sure if there is a correlation.

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/2059#comment-7802

(Again, you may have to cut and paste)

You might consider taking a look at the PDF export feature. Somewhere it tells what font it will use as default but of course, it is not even close.

If you save PDFs as your master drawings, you could have it pick the alterante font. Of course, again, letting the PDF export convert the fonts can really mess up a drawing.

Best of both worlds, use a TTF as a default and plot with the same font. Then you know which font you can use in excel. Have a look at Swiss, which is closest to the much loved Helvetica without the license (windows 7 has this and needs to be added to PTC's install)

Otherwise, have a look at 8514oem in character map. Also ADMUI3Lg ADMUI3Sm.

I have no love for the ancient Font.fnt. I use the ISO30985font.ndx (.fnt) in the detail config file and assign a line weight for the font so get good plot output.

default_font iso30985font.ndx

text_thickness 0.012000

...but again, I don't know what the TTF equivalent is.

Top Tags