cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Performance Advisor for PTC Creo - Dashboard Environment

DanielC.Nowitz
1-Newbie

Performance Advisor for PTC Creo - Dashboard Environment

• Performance Advisor for PTC Creo is a ThingWorx powered Dashboard which gives PTC Creo customers an aggregated view on PTC Diagnostic data from PTC Creo.
  • Performance Advisor for PTC Creo helps to increase product development operational productivity, lower product development costs, and lower the cost of IT by proactively detecting performance issues.

Here are some links to get you started:

Please leave your feedback,

- Dan

17 REPLIES 17

Hi Dan.

As I was desiring to gather more technical information I found a dead end to article C72479 that is referenced and linked in article CS 199298.

The reference is titled How to configure Performance Advisor for PTC Creo through firewalls and proxies . The link presents Error: Document 72479 is not viewable.

Regards, Jim

jellis
11-Garnet
(To:jellis)

Why is the time stamp on my reply 10:48 AM when I sent it at 1:48 PM ???

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Jim,

Are you still getting the different time stamp problem because it's happening for us too. Not only that but the "Last updated" time does not show correctly. I had one of our users manually send his information. It showed up a couple hours later but the time it says it updated is 1 days, 20 hours ago.

Hi Steve,

Are you talking about in the Performance Advisor? - I believe Jim was referring to his previous community post, which posted at 10:48 AM according to the timestamp. - Jim said he posted it at 1:48 PM..

If you see a Performance Advisor problem, please let me know, and ideally open a case with Technical Support for an SPR if needed.

- Dan

Oh. Yes I am talking about the Performance Advisor.

Can you email a screenshot for me to forward to R&D? (-)

jellis
11-Garnet
(To:STEVEG)

Hi Steve. I'm sorry for such a delyed reply. I am not real disciplined at checking Community unless something prompts me. We have only now gotten serious with Perf Advisor. We want to update to CP2 M170 and turn on Perf Advisor. We're having issues that Dan is helping to resolve. All test clients have Sent folders but the Monitor doesn't report all clients. So far we've discovered that Creo Agent may be the culprit? The Client's with Creo Agent are showing up in the monitor. The clients without CreoAgent do not show up in the monitor.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

No problem Jim.

However, it was working for me before but now it doesn't.  And the PTC Creo Platform Agent is installed.  But there might be a different reason it's not working for me.

Stopped sending info

jellis
11-Garnet
(To:STEVEG)

Steve.....for what its worth?

The installation creates registry keys.Those are needed and you should be able to find them under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Wow6432Node>PTC>Creo Parametric>2.0>build code number. The QualityAgentOptIn must be 1. We installed DiagnosticTools in its own location and used config.sup option "quality_agent_path" to point all clients to the DiagnosticsTools location\qualityagent.exe. We also used "session_log_mechanism" quality_agent in the config.sup. This is supposedly the default option but we put it in .sup anyway. From what I've gathered, IF I UNDERSTAND CLEARLY, xtop produces the "unprocessed" folder/files. Quality Agent creates the "Sent Files" and the Creo Platform Agent is what communicates the client to PTC server????

Regards, Jim

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

I had seen that registry entry in one of the PTC documents but I never looked on the computer.  However, I just checked and it is set to 1.

Didn't know about the two config options.  I set them but it did not seem to do anything.  And I guess the quality_agent_path is a hidden option.  It does not show up when searching for it.

I put the two options in a config.pro and not the .sup so I don't know if that will have any affect.  I might try that tomorrow.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for alerting me to this article. I have published it again, it should now be public.

Thanks,

- Dan

Hi Dan,

I see potential to display license loading. You have the license server and license name, I would like to be able to see our how many licenses are being used on a server for different times a day.

Roger

Dan,

have you read this discussion Performance Advisor for PTC Creo?

Can you give us some help/advice?

Thanks

Marco

Dan,

Is there going to be any update for the dashboard in the future?  I am interested in whether there is going to be improvements to it.

Hi Steve,

Yes, we have plans to release some new capabilities within a few months. I don't want to give too much away, but will say it relates to hardware support . As always, I encourage you to submit ideas to this Community group, so others can comment and vote on suggestions.

Now that adoption of the Performance Advisor for PTC Creo has taken off, I expect more and more customers to generate a solid point of view, and new ideas along the way.

- Dan

That is great to hear.

Is there any way to turn either of these into a product idea or would we have to create it?

Additional Functionality

Connected Statistics

Edit-(Added):

Performance Advisor - Geographic Location

Hi Steve,

No, unfortunately they cannot be converted. To enable user voting you would need to submit them as a Product Idea.

Top Tags