cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Using Excel Database in MathCAD

jgraham
1-Newbie

Using Excel Database in MathCAD

I've been reading through the forums but I have not found a solution to what I'm looking for. Basically, I need MathCAD 14 to read an Excel database are spit out specific values to be used in calculations.

The excel file is a list of alum. extrusions and their section properties. Below is what I want to do.

Die: 123 <--- This would be the input, the die that I want the properties for to use in the calculation.

I=x.xxx

S=x.xxx        These are the specific properties that would be auto populated based on the excel file.

J=x.xxx

and so on.

I can then use those values in different equations throughout the MathCAD sheet.

The excel file would be arranged with the Die number in column A and the output values in columns B to G (or however many property values that I would need)

Hopefully I described it well enough that someone can point me in the right direction.

3 REPLIES 3

You could use READEXCEL to read in the whole Excel table in a Mathcad matrix and the use the built-in "vlookup" function to get the property values as wanted-

Looks pretty straightforward.

WE

The attached file should help.

Put the Excel sheet in the same directory as the Mathcad worksheet.

WE

The files you sent make sense when I look at but it is not working. Not sure if it is able to find the excel file properly. They are both in the same directory. Eventually, I will need this to be accessed by multiple people so the excel file and mathcad worksheet will not be in the same folder.

EDIT:

I'm not sure if Mathcad 14 has ReadExcel function but I used the READFILE function. I also had to save the excel file as 97-2003 xls file as opposed to the xlsx file. It works now, thank you.

Top Tags