cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

2D Drawing Tables

CR_9888056
9-Granite

2D Drawing Tables

I'm sure this question has already been asked but I couldn't find a topic on it. 

Is there a way to break apart or split a "non-repeat" region table?

I've imported an Excel table into my drawing and I need to break it apart because it's too large to fit on my drawing sheet. Pagination only works with repeat-region tables.

-Cory

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@CR_9888056 wrote:

I'm sure this question has already been asked but I couldn't find a topic on it. 

I've imported an Excel table into my drawing and I need to break it apart because it's too large to fit on my drawing sheet. Pagination only works with repeat-region tables.

-Cory

Hi,

please explain I've imported an Excel table

I guess that you exported Excel sheet into csv file and created table from csv file.

1.] Creo is not able to split such table

2.] you can create table from csv file several times and then Delete unwanted lines

3.] you can split csv file outside of Creo and then create table from csv file for every "splitted" file

To split csv file, you can create bat file ... see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31786287/how-to-split-large-text-file-in-windows page

@echo off
setlocal ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION
REM Edit this value to change the name of the file that needs splitting. Include the extension.
SET BFN=upload.txt
REM Edit this value to change the number of lines per file.
SET LPF=15000
REM Edit this value to change the name of each short file. It will be followed by a number indicating where it is in the list.
SET SFN=SplitFile

REM Do not change beyond this line.

SET SFX=%BFN:~-3%

SET /A LineNum=0
SET /A FileNum=1

For /F "delims==" %%l in (%BFN%) Do (
SET /A LineNum+=1

echo %%l >> %SFN%!FileNum!.%SFX%

if !LineNum! EQU !LPF! (
SET /A LineNum=0
SET /A FileNum+=1
)

)
endlocal
Pause

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kotom-Eng
15-Moonstone
(To:CR_9888056)

It seems that your question is not for "Creo Elements Direct Drafting" software.

You should move your post to "Creo Parametric" to have a better chance to get an answer.

http://kotom.eng.free.fr

@CR_9888056 wrote:

-Cory

Hi,

please explain I've imported an Excel table

I guess that you exported Excel sheet into csv file and created table from csv file.

1.] Creo is not able to split such table

2.] you can create table from csv file several times and then Delete unwanted lines

3.] you can split csv file outside of Creo and then create table from csv file for every "splitted" file

To split csv file, you can create bat file ... see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31786287/how-to-split-large-text-file-in-windows page

@echo off
setlocal ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION
REM Edit this value to change the name of the file that needs splitting. Include the extension.
SET BFN=upload.txt
REM Edit this value to change the number of lines per file.
SET LPF=15000
REM Edit this value to change the name of each short file. It will be followed by a number indicating where it is in the list.
SET SFN=SplitFile

REM Do not change beyond this line.

SET SFX=%BFN:~-3%

SET /A LineNum=0
SET /A FileNum=1

For /F "delims==" %%l in (%BFN%) Do (
SET /A LineNum+=1

echo %%l >> %SFN%!FileNum!.%SFX%

if !LineNum! EQU !LPF! (
SET /A LineNum=0
SET /A FileNum+=1
)