cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Adding Counterbore Callout to Creo 3.0 2D Drawing

dprobst
1-Newbie

Adding Counterbore Callout to Creo 3.0 2D Drawing

There may be something simple I'm overlooking, but I cannot find how to place a call out (note format) for a counter-bored hole in a Creo 3.0 2D drawing. The counter-bored hole was created in the 3D model using the Hole command.

Any help would be appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cdown
4-Participant
(To:JLG)

David,

What JLG has suggested is the most robust way of labelling holes, also they are fully parametric. I have in many cases had standard hole notes fall off of drawings and also issues with them not updating correctly when the model is changed.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:dprobst)

I'm using Creo 2.0 and assuming that it's the same in Creo 3.0.

I modify one dimension to show the others with it, like this:

cbore-dims.png

dprobst
1-Newbie

Okay, I see what you did.

So I'm assuming then that Creo does not have a command in the 2D environment that automatically picks up the information from the 3D model that a counter-bore hole was created. As an example, in SolidWorks and Inventor when creating a 2D drawing and adding the dimensions, a command within the 2D environment "Hole Callout" will automatically place the information about the counter-bored hole (like you showed) when the diameter is selected.

Thanks, JLG

In addition, the leader points to through hole diameter; ASTM Y14.5  shows the leader pointing to the counterbore diameter.

Is there a way in Creo 2.0 to point to the counterbore diameter, other than creating a note?

msteis
1-Newbie
(To:dprobst)

David,

Do a google search for "CALLOUT_FORMAT".  You can create your company's own .hol files.  These are the hole table files that Creo uses to create all the hole and c'bore sizes in the hole feature command.  In my case, I changed the data in the columns in the hole files that I wasn't using such as drill size, etc. with my own info.  In the hole file, there's an area for the callout format that you can customize with parameters to show only what you want in your drawings.

When it's all done, you'll select the new custom hole type in the modeling environment to create your hole/c'bores. as you do now for different thread types.

Matt

cdown
4-Participant

David,

What JLG has suggested is the most robust way of labelling holes, also they are fully parametric. I have in many cases had standard hole notes fall off of drawings and also issues with them not updating correctly when the model is changed.

dprobst
1-Newbie
(To:cdown)

Thanks, Colin

I figured it was something I was missing.

Thanks again.

Dave

Top Tags