cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Adding Text to a Text String

CR_9888056
8-Gravel

Adding Text to a Text String

Hello, I know this question has been posted numerous times before, but I couldn't find a specific answer to what I was looking for.

I have a text string parameter for a pattern of holes, such as &PATTERN_NO which is 4

I want to add the text "X" after it to show "4X" without a space between, such as &PATTERN_NOX but it doesn't work. The only way to work is to add a space &PATTERN_NO X which is 4 X. Is there is a way to do this without adding a space?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You could build a new text string parameter, for example STRING4X, which you define with a relation as

STRING4X = PATTERN_NO + "X"

Then use STRING4X in your note or whatever.

IF you're trying to do this in a note without the extra parameter, you just have to do a little fix-up after defining the note:

Enter the note text with the space, like

&PATTERN_NO X

Then once the note is defined and it looks okay, edit it and remove the space before the "X". Creo will have added the Session ID to the end of the PATTERN_NO as something like ":32" or whatever, so you're just removing the space between that and your "X".

Hopefully that covers what you are trying to do, if not feel free to explain exactly what you are trying and we can likely figure it out. The text manipulation and handling routines in Creo are quite primitive...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You could build a new text string parameter, for example STRING4X, which you define with a relation as

STRING4X = PATTERN_NO + "X"

Then use STRING4X in your note or whatever.

IF you're trying to do this in a note without the extra parameter, you just have to do a little fix-up after defining the note:

Enter the note text with the space, like

&PATTERN_NO X

Then once the note is defined and it looks okay, edit it and remove the space before the "X". Creo will have added the Session ID to the end of the PATTERN_NO as something like ":32" or whatever, so you're just removing the space between that and your "X".

Hopefully that covers what you are trying to do, if not feel free to explain exactly what you are trying and we can likely figure it out. The text manipulation and handling routines in Creo are quite primitive...

Kotom-Eng
15-Moonstone
(To:CR_9888056)

Hello,

Your question seems to be for Creo Parametric. Here you are in "Creo Elements Direct Drafting". You should change your post to "Creo Parametric" to have a better chance to get an answer from this community.

http://kotom.eng.free.fr

You use those curly braces to make sure the &PATTERN_NO is parsed (instead of &PATTERN_NOX)

So syntax would be &PATTERN_NO{1:X} ...

Most recent versions of Creo provide the ability to avoid the 1X situation by providing additional tokens such as &HOLE_INSTANCE_COUNT.

Read more in this thread

PS. I'm curious about your question as simply searching for PATTERN_NO on this forum revealed several discussions about it, and the 2nd one has my (repeated) answer.

pausob_0-1655441311153.png

So... did you try to find the answer and it wasn't visible because you were in the wrong "community?" 

From personal experience, the forum is hard to navigate, so just asking...

Top Tags