cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Suspend family table verification temporarily?

DevinHahne
12-Amethyst

Suspend family table verification temporarily?

Hello,

Is it possible to temporarily suspend verification of instances in a Family Table?  I have a catalog part with 3000+ instances.  I need to make a handful of changes to the generic.  I don't exactly know what feature sequence I need to accomplish the needed changes, so there is going to be a process of creative destruction.  But every time I make a change, Creo regenerates the entire family.  Even without clicking Verify or ModelCHECK.  At 3000+ instances, at ~1 second per instance, it takes an hour to verify the table.  I estimate I need about 26 features to accomplish the changes I need.  If I make exactly zero mistakes or mis-clicks, it will take about 4 days to implement the changes.  The part is small and relatively simple, so modeling the generic itself isn't hard.  Just waiting for the instances to regenerate is painful.

Ultimately, I want to be able to modify the generic without regenerating the instances until I'm good and ready.  Then, once I'm satisfied with the generic, I want to regenerate all the instances.

What do you think?

Devin

P.S.  I'm sure many will comment about how that is wildly beyond the recommended 50 instance limit and I'm crazy for doing what I'm doing.  Well, Windchill is handling them fine.  Creo is handling them fine.  Now, I need to make some relatively simple edits.  I'm just looking for an expedient way to make my edits.

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:DevinHahne)

I'm only seeing automatic verification for those instances currently loaded into session.  If only the generic is loaded into session, none of them verify until manually instructed to do so.  Is this by chance a nested family table?   Does the model have any external references?  Is the generic a part or an assembly?

DevinHahne
12-Amethyst
(To:TomU)

It is not a nested family table.  The model does not have any external references.  The generic is a part, not an assembly.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I have a few family tables with 500+ instances and have never had one do the verify process unless I have clicked the icon to verify them. Even when saved, mine do not do an automatic verify. This way, I can make multiple changes and when done do a single verify to the entire family table.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Take a look at these config options.  I wonder if the third one is the problem...

TomU_0-1655237910389.png

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs230071

remy
21-Topaz I
(To:TomU)

If not some config options, it could be modelcheck verifying in interactive mode.

See this article : https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs310133 

Top Tags