cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Adding new ordinate dimensions automatically aligns them with the existing ones

Marc_M
3-Visitor

Adding new ordinate dimensions automatically aligns them with the existing ones

Hello,

I am working in Creo 11.0.1.0.

When making a drawing of a part, I am experiencing an annoying new feature of ordinate dimensions that I have not seen in previous versions (granted we just made a massive jump from Creo 3 to 11).

Here is the scenario:

In a drawing, I have an existing set of ordinate dimensions. These are placed on the righthand side of the drawing view. If I go to add an additional ordinate dimension referenced to the existing origin (.0000 dimension) the new dimension automatically cleans-up/aligns itself with the origin dimension. This seems like a handy feature on paper, but is very annoying if I want the new dimension to be placed on the lefthand side of the drawing view. This is especially true if I am placing multiple new dimensions and need to individually select them all to drag them to the other side.

Is there a way to turn this feature off? 

In previous versions, the new ordinate dimensions would follow my cursor and not place until I hit center mouse. They would never auto align with the original dimensions unless I deliberately did so with the cleanup dimensions tool.

I tried making new dimensions on multiple different views with different parts to no avail. I could not seem to find a configuration setting for this either, Searching the forums returned nothing similar, so apologies if a topic about this already exists.

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marc_M
3-Visitor
(To:Marc_M)

I just discovered the fix.

File -> Prepare -> Drawing Properties -> Detail Options -> default_ansi_ord_dim_aligned set to no

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Marc_M
3-Visitor
(To:Marc_M)

I just discovered the fix.

File -> Prepare -> Drawing Properties -> Detail Options -> default_ansi_ord_dim_aligned set to no

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags