cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Anyone using pro/E models in REVIT?

msteffke
12-Amethyst

Anyone using pro/E models in REVIT?

I'm trying to learn about REVIT. Ive been told that there needs to
be a go between software for these two, Pro/E and REVIT. Is that right?
Anyone in this group using REVIT at this point?

Thanks for any insight,

Mark Steffke

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Mark,

Although this advice shown below was for SolidWorks, it should apply to Pro-E as well concerning the importing / exporting of files to Revit. For more information, also refer to this topic Can you use Inventor to build Revit content?: http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/09/can-you-use-inv.html

"The last time I checked, the only 3-D CAD file format Revit could import from SolidWorks was ACIS (*.sat). ACIS files are based on solid modeling format produced by Spatial Technology, Inc. Information about Revit from AutoDesk is available on this link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=10275191

Revit: Import/Export Capabilities - Revit Architecture supports a wide range of industry standards and file formats, including DGN, DWG, DWF™, DXF™, IFC, SAT, SKP, AVI, ODBC, gbXML, BMP, JPG, TGA, and TIF. In addition to transferring standard lines, arcs, and circles, Revit Architecture can also transfer complex 3D model geometry for use in programs such as Autodesk® VIZ or Autodesk® 3ds Max® software. This capability provides opportunities to create stunning photorealistic interior and exterior renderings.

To clarify, export the file from SolidWorks as an ACIS (*.sat) file, then import into Revit."

In Reply to Mark Steffke:

I'm trying to learn about REVIT. Ive been told that there needs to
be a go between software for these two, Pro/E and REVIT. Is that right?
Anyone in this group using REVIT at this point?

Thanks for any insight,

Mark Steffke
Top Tags