cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Arrow tail length

fhansen-2
1-Newbie

Arrow tail length

Hi,

I am using Creo 2.0. When using dimension in drawing mode the tail length of the dimension arrow often is too long. Here I am referring to the dimension arrow which does not have the dimension label attached to it.

Is there a way to set the arrow tail length for a single dimension?

And is it possible to delete one or both dimension arrows?

Thanks in advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Frederik,

I you meant dim leader (tail) length, it can be changed by the the detail option dim_leader_length,

dim_arrow.JPG

I don't believe we have option to change the leader length for single dim.

We can easily delete the dimension arrow by going to annotate (tab), format (group), Arrow Style (command), selecting none & picking the arrows need to be deleted

regards

Pushkar

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Frederik,

I you meant dim leader (tail) length, it can be changed by the the detail option dim_leader_length,

dim_arrow.JPG

I don't believe we have option to change the leader length for single dim.

We can easily delete the dimension arrow by going to annotate (tab), format (group), Arrow Style (command), selecting none & picking the arrows need to be deleted

regards

Pushkar

Thanks for the help Pushkar.

I can't find the dim_leader_length option in the config.pro. I have tried using "find" or "add" but it does not appear. Do you know why it is not accessible? Or is it possible to set the dim leader length somewhere else?

Best regards

Frederik

dim_leader_length option is available in the Drawing Detail file and not in config.pro

use  File/prepare/drawing properties and select the Change for the Detail options.

Anyhow you can't change the arrow length for a single dimension.

Thanks!

Top Tags