cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Assembly mass properties

MikeDicristofor
1-Newbie

Assembly mass properties

Hi,

I have a purchased motor assembly that I know the weight (measured) and volume of (thru proe). I created a dummy material with the density equal to the weight / volume. After I assign the material to this assembly I don't get the correct value in the mass property analysis.

My ultimate goal is to get the weight of the upper level assembly that this part is used in.

Can someone set me straight?

Thanks - Mike
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I had a few replies.

The one I ran with was to create a shrink-wrap part and assign it the density that I calculated from the weight/ Volume info that I had. I assigned it to the shrink-wrapped part. Exactly what I was trying to do.

Thanks all

Top Tags