cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Automatically fix rpt.index in accordance with the value of the parameter PART_NUMBER

TakaTakata
7-Bedrock

Automatically fix rpt.index in accordance with the value of the parameter PART_NUMBER

Hi,

The option Repeat Region>fix/unfix index (rpt.index) in Assembly.drw, which is used to sort the components in the desired order in the BOM table, at least for me, is quite awkward (click, write part number, confirmation) and so successively for every row of the table, i.e. every component in Assembly.asm, and at the same time make sure that you write the exact number that corresponds with the number at each "fix index", i.e. the value of the PART_NUMBER parameter, which is already previously set for each component - Part1.prt, Part2.prt, Part3.prt... during 3D modeling.
That's why I ask - is there any way (perhaps with the help of some relations, some script, etc.), that in Assembly.drw, rpt.index gets the value of the parameter (PART_NUMBER) for each part/component of the assembly (automatic fix index)?

P.S. Option Repeat Region>Sort Region by parameter PART_NUMBER i.e. &asm.mbr.part_number Forward, does not completely suit me for some reasons.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

I'm not quite sure how that would work - doesn't rpt.index have different values depending on attributes of your repeat-region table?  (e.g. whether to allow duplicates, flat vs. recursive, etc...) ?

I do think you can use another parameter / component level parameter as the basis for the sorting of the BOM table and for generating BOM balloons.

Try searching this forum for "FINDNUMBER"

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags