cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

BOM Table - IFX Common name

VV_10305718
5-Regular Member

BOM Table - IFX Common name

I am using IFX in Creo 8.0.4.0 for my fasteners. The models are working fine but is there a way I could set the PTC common name of the fasteners to reflect some string that I would like? At the moment the generated fasteners have a common name which is the same as the part name. My BoM table is set to read the asm.mbr.PTC_COMMON_NAME as the description. Is there a way the generated IFX components have some user defined PTC_COMMON_NAME?

Alternatively, is there a way to edit my BoM table which reads asm.mbr.PTC_COMMON_NAME and displays in the description column, to show a custom parameter only for IFX items. Could some relation make this happen-display a custom parameter only for an IFX components and display the asm.mbr.PTC_COMMON_NAME value for any other parts in the same column for the assembly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@VV_10305718 wrote:

I have a parameter within the IFX part called "DESCRIPTION". I tried using repeat region relations to assign this value to the "PTC_COMMON_NAME" value of the BoM table. But it doesn't seem to be working. I have tried "if exist" function, but that doesn't seem to be working. Could you suggest what function should I use and its syntax? I can provide more information if there isn't sufficient info already.

Hi,

please create testing data set (parts, assembly, drawing). Pack them into single zip file. Upload zip file.

If you do this I will be able to investigate your repeat region.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

you have to use repeat region relations.

Martin Hanák
VV_10305718
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

I have a parameter within the IFX part called "DESCRIPTION". I tried using repeat region relations to assign this value to the "PTC_COMMON_NAME" value of the BoM table. But it doesn't seem to be working. I have tried "if exist" function, but that doesn't seem to be working. Could you suggest what function should I use and its syntax? I can provide more information if there isn't sufficient info already.

@VV_10305718 wrote:

Hi,

please create testing data set (parts, assembly, drawing). Pack them into single zip file. Upload zip file.

If you do this I will be able to investigate your repeat region.

Martin Hanák
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:VV_10305718)

You need to use your custom Description parameter for the whole column.

In the relations, you need to set Description = PTC_COMMON_NAME and then use an IF statement for your IFX parts.

Do you have the full version of IFX or just the lite sample version? In the full version, you should be able to modify the base template files to set PTC_COMMON_MA<E to what you need.

VV_10305718
5-Regular Member
(To:BenLoosli)

I have the full version. I modified the base template part by giving it a common name, but when I create IFX parts, the generated components do not show the common name assigned to the base part but has the same value as the part name.

Top Tags