cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Best way to make this boundary blend?

David_M
5-Regular Member

Best way to make this boundary blend?

Hi all

I was hoping for some suggestions on a good way to make this surface. I've got the edges in place but the nature of the curved back is messing up my boundary blends. I haven't got ISDX (style feature).

Thanks

Untitled2.png

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John.Pryal
12-Amethyst
(To:David_M)

Hi David,

i suggest spliting the surface into 2. Place another arc towards the point (similar to the one you already have at the opposite end. You will then have the means to create quite a nice looking surface using the 3 long curves in one direction & the 2 shorter arcs in the second direction. Finally, create the point, using the remaining curves, select both in the same direction. I have attached a picture showing something similar.

Regards

JohnScreenHunter_06 Oct. 21 08.06.bmp

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

David,

Can yo post the Proe file? I'd like to play with it and see if I can make it work.

Hi David,

I suggest you try breaking your curve into parts and make up a number of surfaces. Good Luck.

Regards, Brent

David,

your geometry is symmetrical (I guess). So create one half of geometry and mirror it.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Hi David,

i suggest spliting the surface into 2. Place another arc towards the point (similar to the one you already have at the opposite end. You will then have the means to create quite a nice looking surface using the 3 long curves in one direction & the 2 shorter arcs in the second direction. Finally, create the point, using the remaining curves, select both in the same direction. I have attached a picture showing something similar.

Regards

JohnScreenHunter_06 Oct. 21 08.06.bmp

David_M
5-Regular Member

Thanks everyone. I actually did it by a combination of John and Martin's suggestions: doing half the yellow bit, mirroring it, then doing the grey bit.

Top Tags