cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Bom Split Balloon Issue

lpandya
1-Newbie

Bom Split Balloon Issue

I have created a BOM table with repeat region, and given user defined parameters.

for example, I have replaced rpt.qty with ABC_QTY.

if asm_mbr_name == "P123456-002"

ABC_IDX = "0001"

ABC_DESC = "<DRAWING TITLE>"

ABC_QTY = "A/R"

ABC_PRT_NO = asm_mbr_name

and i have created custom balloon with ABC_IDX as index and ABC_QTY as qty.

So when i create the balloons for the first time it's working fine.

For this custom symbol split functionality is not working properly.

i.e if ABC_QTY = 2, then split balloons also have 2 as quantity in both the parts,

different behavior from creo's, which will split the quantity and both the balloon will have 1 as quantity.

Please suggest some solution, how to tackle this issue.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers!!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
19 REPLIES 19
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:lpandya)

The split QTY is only going to work correctly if you are using rpt.qty. The software doesn't know that your ABC_QTY parameter is the quantity of the part.

lpandya
1-Newbie
(To:Chris3)

Okay. But is there a way to assign my ABC_QTY to rpt.qty of creo? some configuration or something like that?

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:lpandya)

You can't change rpt.qty. It is defined by the software and there is no way to over ride it. The way we handle what you are trying to do is to assign an alternate symbol for the A/R balloons. The rpt.qty would then get changed in a new balloon symbol to text that reads A/R. Then you replace in the drawing as needed with the alternate balloon.

Hi,

Is it possible to assign two different symbols (One for Normal cad parts and other for A/R) for ballooning into a single table?

Regards

Ketan

Yes, that is what I am suggesting

Could you please help me how to do the same?

As far as I know, we can set Balloon type in BOM table once and same type [either simple circle, split with quantity or custom] will be followed through out the entries of table.

To conclude, If a table contains both parts, A/R and normal CAD parts, how to assign two different custom symbols for this table?

Regards

Ketan

Pick a balloon, choose "Alt symbol" and then browse to your different balloon.

Capture.PNG

Hello,

Thank you very much. This works. Is there any other work around for same? Unfortunately, approach of Alt Balloon Symbol is not possible using Toolkit.

Regards

Ketan

I don't know what you are trying to achieve so I am not sure I can comment on other approaches. If you are trying to replace rpt.qty with other text within the same symbol I think you are out of luck.

There may be other ways to achieve the same effect depending on what your end use case is though. For instance if it worked for you, you could add a parameter next to rpt.qty that was blank ("") and then "A/R" as needed so the end effect would be QTY 1 A/R for those that you wanted the A/R and QTY 1 for those you didn't.

If you get creative there maybe other solutions like the one above, but I do not know of a way to change rpt.qty directly

Hello,

Really appreciate your help on this...I guess your approach to set up a new parameter near to RPT.qty is better option compared to all balloon as far as toolkit is concerned..... Still I would prefer not to display RPT.qty in case a/r is the scenario... I will explain my exact requirement in next reply...

Regards,

Ketan

Below is my requirements:

I have Customised Bomb table having repeat region as user defined variable for qty,description, part name and index..

First of all, I will insert default bomb and then update all four user defined variables into repeat regions using data from PLM software by setting relations.

It may happen that qty for few cad part in PLM software may be A/R...I am able to put this A/R in Bom table.

Same time, if I use custom balloon with user defined variable of qty, balloon will contain A/r for same component.In this scenario, I am losing default functionality of split...

Custom symbol in balloon with RPT.qty is allowing same behaviour in case of split balllon also but A/R I m missing....

My need is win win situation... To conclude, I need A/r and same time, don't wanna loose out of box function ality of split balloon behaviour...

Hope I have cleared my exact need..feel free to ask in case of any confusion....

Note : I m nt allowed to use new part as bulk part in assembly as change in drw or asm is nt allowed.

Regards,

Ketan

I have no further suggestions other than the ones I have already provided

Similar to what you are looking for:

This is just a partial extract.  We only change to make the output to A/R, otherwise the rpt.qty=bom_qty

No affect to the standard split balloon.

In our Bom relation:

/*****QTY TO AR*****
/* ASSIGN THE MODEL NAME AND QUANTITY TO PARAMETERS
bom_qty=rpt_qty
bom_name=asm_mbr_name
bom_nomen=""

/* IF BLANK IN QTY PERSISTS AFTER CHANGING BOM TO RELATION, NAME MAY BE TOO SHORT - ADD SPACES
/*if bom_name=="SP3-12"
/* bom_name="SP3-12  "
/*ENDIF

/*GET FIRST THREE CHARACTERS OF PART NAME
name_check=EXTRACT(bom_name,1,3)

/*CHANGE QUANTITY TO AR IF PART CODE INDICATES BULK ITEM
IF name_check=="119"
bom_qty="AR"
ENDIF

IF name_check=="M76"

bom_name="M76MWPC207A9"

bom_qty="AR"

ENDIF

/*SPECIAL CASES

IF bom_name=="795-0525"

bom_qty="AR"

ENDIF

IF bom_name=="M23053-5-109-0"

bom_qty="AR"

ENDIF

* REMEMBER TO CHANGE TABLE RELATION Qty. TO

/* rpt.rel.bom_qty   (rpt > rel > USER DEFINED > type in "bom_qty")

ron

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:RonSt.Pierre)

This works for the standard balloon (because it still uses the rpt.qty) and updates the BOM table, but it will not work for a custom balloon that doesn't use rpt.qty

I do agree with Christopher Rees... I am in a need to use bom_qty for ballooning to have A/R in ballooning...once this is used, split behaviour of balloon is lost...

I do not have creo in front of me now as I m ooto.... One thought came to my mind and would like to check for the same with you all...

Will set new parameter with RPT.qty for A/R...this new parameter will be just above RPT.qty....

Both will be present for all parts. Is it possible to change the text color (rgb value) from relation of repeat region? If so, my intension is to change color of RPT.qty to white in case of A/R items..

In case of non A/R, I need to set white color for new parameter.

You can't control color with a relation, but I am pretty sure you could with TOOLKIT (although I don't use it myself so I can be positive)

Sorry but I forgot to mention in previous commment.

Please note that new parameter and RPT.qty I mentioned above is in custom bom balloon...not in bom table....where as color change if text I m looking for is into the relation of repeat region...

I can give a try to change color of either RPT.qty or new parameter for each balloons present into drawing file.

I m wondering that even if I succeed in above , will it work with split functionality?

I doubt as I am not doing anything in split functionality through toolkit as well...just doing color change on existing balloons after auto balloon is done....split is user choice once toolkit application scope is over...

Top Tags