cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Cabling help

dgrobe
6-Contributor

Cabling help

I am new to the cabling part of creo.  finally got it working.  Couple of questions.

1.  Is there some online training I can take?  PTC university or something similar?

2.  The standard installation, when trying to create a new harness, the default options, I get an error that says the assembly was created with different units.  Is this a setup issue, or start part issue?

3.  Are we supposed to create spools and such?  I am only using the wiring as visual, we don't plan on creating drawings, or anything.  They just want to show the wiring in the models.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

1.  Is there some online training I can take?  PTC university or something similar?  I suggest you take the PTC Cabling courses before you attempt to create harnesses.  Do a search in the eLearning for Cabling.  There are several good courses that will give you a better understanding of how Creo Cabling works.

2.  The standard installation, when trying to create a new harness, the default options, I get an error that says the assembly was created with different units.  Is this a setup issue, or start part issue?  I am not exactly sure what is going on here.  When you created your assembly, are the units in inch or metric.  You can verify the units in the Model Properties.  As you create the harness.prt, make sure you have the same units specified, you will get a pop-up menu asking what units the harness.prt should have.

3.  Are we supposed to create spools and such?  I am only using the wiring as visual, we don't plan on creating drawings, or anything.  They just want to show the wiring in the models.  Yes, you are supposed to create the spools.  The spools contain the data for the wire, cable, or sheath.  You cannot create the harness without this information.

Good Luck!

dgrobe
6-Contributor
(To:lernst-2)

thank you lori, i have figured out how to do the spools, and have created a harness.  where can i find the link to the elearning you posted about.  i have looked through the tutorials section and gotten through some of it.

Hi Daniel,

You will need an eLearning license from PTC.  I don't know if you have it already.  Contact your Cad Administrator to find out.

Kindest regards,

Lori

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:dgrobe)
Top Tags