cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Can toolbar icon from extension be copied into base seat of Creo

pimm
14-Alexandrite

Can toolbar icon from extension be copied into base seat of Creo

There is one specific command that I would like to have copied on my toolbar.  This command is found in the Pro-Mold extension and I'd like to copy this into the base seat of Creo.

The icon I would like to copy over would be the Silhouette command.  I never use the Pro-Mold assembly style template because it adds complexity and time to our process.

If the silhouette command was available in part mode it would greatly simplify our process of getting a good profile without having to go back and forth between interfaces.

I know this is possible to do because we have received a Creo part model that has a true silhouette operation within it.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cprice
6-Contributor
(To:pimm)

Here is what you need to create the silhouette curve on a part - it is a UDF.

Please see attached

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
cprice
6-Contributor

Here is what you need to create the silhouette curve on a part - it is a UDF.

Please see attached

pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:cprice)

Charles:  I have no idea how you did this but appears that this works perfectly.  Thanks a lot for sharing this!

This would be the 1st time that I've ever did anything with a UDF.

I guess one question that I would have is where would you save an UDF?  This didn't work until I placed it inside my Working Directory.  Would there be an intelligent location of UDF files?  Can you set a retrieve path?

This is very helpful, thanks again!

cprice
6-Contributor

You need to set a path in your config.pro (and also create a folder to keep your UDFs

This little gem came from my past life - we had a person that did quite a few mold designs and he came up with this.

Regards,

Charlie Price

pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:cprice)

Excellent!

I'm really glad I asked.

Thanks again for your help!

Top Tags