cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Change Creo View Language

VeqTor
12-Amethyst

Change Creo View Language

Hello forum,

I have already selected "German" in the Options at "Startup":

However, Creo View still starts in English all the time.

What do I do to change the UI language to "German"?

6 REPLIES 6
Sanath
16-Pearl
(To:VeqTor)

@VeqTor, try to set the environment variable "PVIEW_LANG" to "de"and see if that makes any difference.

@VeqTor wrote:

Hello forum,

I have already selected "German" in the Options at "Startup":

However, Creo View still starts in English all the time.

What do I do to change the UI language to "German"?

Hi,

see https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS96862 document.

Martin Hanák
VeqTor
12-Amethyst
(To:MartinHanak)

Thanks -- I had seen these references already. However, I can't seem to locate where those Creo "environment variables" are to be found?

@VeqTor wrote:

Thanks -- I had seen these references already. However, I can't seem to locate where those Creo "environment variables" are to be found?

Hi,

PVIEW_LANG is defined in Windows.

See an example on https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/r-enterprise/1.5.1/oread/creating-and-modifying-environment-variables-on-windows.html#GUID-DD6F9982-60D5-48F6-8270-A27EC53807D0 page.

Martin Hanák
VeqTor
12-Amethyst
(To:MartinHanak)

Thanks Martin,

I will have to ask my IT person for this, because I don't have Admin privileges to access those Windows system settings.

Best regards

vecTor

KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:VeqTor)

If you want to set an environment variable to run a program, you could prepend the setting to the current "Target" (I don't know what the German word for this would be, maybe Target?) on the shortcut you use to run Creo now.

Something like

"SET PVIEW_LANG=de";"C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 4.0\M090\Parametric\Bin\parametric.exe"

You're basically just executing multiple commands, separated by semicolons.

You'll probably have to do some testing to get the nomenclature right, but that should work. Unless parametric.exe spawns off other processes that don't inherit the local environment variable you just set, then you are back to having to get your IT police involved.

Top Tags