cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Closing the browser?

ptc-4418697
1-Newbie

Closing the browser?

I have recently downloaded CREO 1.0 educational edition and can not draw anything yet because the browser in creo will not close. Does anyone know how to close the browser? the excape button and browser button do not close it. I once did have it closed but there were no datum planes even when i chose to view them. Any advice?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Hi

You can see a black X at extreem right of the (browser bar)screen to close the browser

But you need to go to Part or assembly mode to see the datum planes

Click the New and choose the type(Part) and name

Now I think you can see Datum planes

Regards

K.Mahanta

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4418697)

The black X, circled in blue, does not close the browser on my screen. The tab, circled in red, to the right of the browser works for me.

I suspect Kshetrabasi is right about you not having begun a new part file, yet. Even without a part file open, you can click the datum plane on/off button, but nothing will happen.

browser_close.PNG

The "x" in the top right doesn't work to close it. Also the button on the side is not there.

Hi

If you are in creo you will not get that option shown in red by Kevin

But the X works for me(But do not work for you)

But you do not need to worry

Because you can anyway go to part and start your work

Regards

K.Mahanta

so there is no way to create a mapkey that toggles the display of the browser now huh?

The original post (from a year ago) referred to Creo1. In Creo 2 there's a small button in the lower left for toggling the browser open & closed. Looks like the earth with a ring around it.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

nice, thanks Doug!

Top Tags