cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Colors in subassemblies

PierrePatenaude
3-Visitor

Colors in subassemblies

I need to assign different colors to models part of sub-assemblies in a large assembly and it seems that I can't do that. I tried assigning the colors directly in the subassemblies - which is working - but the assigned colors don't show up in the top assembly.

I am sure this must be a simple thing to do (it must).

Any help on this, please, you will save my day !

N.B. I am using WF 5.

Regards,

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi

Directly apply colour in parts in subassembly is not possible in wf5

But in the main assembly, you can activate the subassembly and then apply colour to the parts in that sub assembly.

Just incase you are not sure about the sub assembly name, try to use "select parent"

Regards

K.Mahanta

Just to close the topic and for future references : in an assembly, applying an appearance to a subassembly affect the whole subassembly.

If you apply apprearances to individual parts of the subassembly, it won't show in the assembly unless you first clear all appearances on the subassembly within the assembly.

...unless you use creo 2.0 where you can finally simply color a part within a subassembly from the top level assembly.
Furthermore if you decide to delete appearances in the assembly you can do this for single parts, the entire assembly (like a reset) or remove all colors and appearances like in previous versions.

Top Tags