cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Combined state/Simplified Representation

SleepyDog
1-Newbie

Combined state/Simplified Representation

Hi,

I have a drawing in which I want to show an isometric view of a gearbox.

I want to hide one of the castings to show the internals so I can insert a balloon to identify some of the components.

If I use a combined state or a simplified representation I can achieve the view I want but It won't allow me to display the balloons in that view.

I know it;s possible to achieve the result I want because I've seen it in another persons drawing.(who's now left the company).

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Andrew

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Insert the ISO view of the same model and Rep used to create the BOM baloons. Then "Blank" the parts that you don't want to see.

Randy

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member
(To:SleepyDog)

Change this config option to 'yes' and see what happens: allow_refs_to_geom_reps_in_drws. Let us know, I haven't tried it.

-Kevin

Thanks for your suggestion.

Mine was already set to yes so it I tried it both ways with no success.

Regards

Andrew

Personaly I would use an offset cross section so that the cross sectional view is shown in the isometric view.

Alternatively, a simplified rep can be created. The repeat region can be to the simplified rep in which case the Bom Baloons would not list the casting. Try it out.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:SleepyDog)

If you have a repeat region in your BOM, you'll have to set the desired simplified rep as active before you insert it, and then "Fix Index" to get the balloon numbers to match your original BOM, which I'm assuming was inserted with the Master Rep active 9thus containing ALL the parts). Then you can just move that BOM off the field of the dwg so it won't print or PDF.

Insert the ISO view of the same model and Rep used to create the BOM baloons. Then "Blank" the parts that you don't want to see.

Randy

Thanks Randy, worked a treat.

Regards

Andrew

Top Tags