cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Connector paramater file problem

ctrianalara
1-Newbie

Connector paramater file problem

Hello,

Recently I wanted to create a connector parameters file for designating any-number-of-pins connectors faster. This is what my .con looks like for a 4pin connector:

REF_DESCONNECTOR_4W

MODEL_NAME 123456

TYPECONNECTOR

NUM_OF_PINS4

ATTACHED_TO_HARNESSTRUE

ENTRY_PORTBUNDLE_ENTRYROUND0TRUE

This one works as long as my model's name is 123456. But, if I have another 4way connector with a different model name it doen't work. Is there a way to fill the MODEL_NAME automatically based on the part you selected?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards!

2 REPLIES 2

No, you need to have a *.con file for each model used as a connector. It's useful when you designating multiple instances of the same model. The first instance designated will get the REF_DES defined in the fill, subsequent instances that are designated will suffix identifier added to the REF_DES.

mdewet
6-Contributor
(To:Kevin)

Hi Kevin,

I am busy setting up a *.con file and intend to use it in exactly the same way you described.

However, I am having difficulty getting the REF_DES to automatically assign a suffix to subsequent connectors designated. 

It assigns it to the first connector, but once I load the *.con into the second connector, it reports an error stating that the REF_DES has already been assigned.

Is there a specific way to set this up in the *.con file perhaps?

Kind Regards,

Martijn

Top Tags