cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Create a analysis feature that will give you the bounding box size

WayneSchrock
12-Amethyst

Create a analysis feature that will give you the bounding box size

Would like bounding box size option within the analysis feature.

Must have ability to create parameters for each of the 3 distances example: (height, width & length).

Would be nice if it could tell the difference between if the geometry was rectangular or round. If round provide parameters diameter & length.

The evaluation needs to be able to evaluate simplified rep of part and/or assembly.

Use case:

The parameters within the analysis could be used to establish bill of material parameters (part size for raw material purchases).

Assembly level can be used to establish packaging size requirements.

14 REPLIES 14
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:WayneSchrock)

It should ignore datums and only use geometry when calculating the bounding box

TomU
23-Emerald IV

This information in available in J-Link but it would be really nice to have it available in the analysis feature!

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Even better, give us choice to use all geometry or just solid geometry (exclude surfaces)

There is a script inside the Startup TOOLS Parametermanager (from INNEO Genius TOOLS Family) that extract these values.

(Presales) Senior Technical Consultant @ INNEO Solutions GmbH (Germany)

This article should be able to provide certain workaround:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS29792

This should have been included a looooooong time ago.

What does it take to get good ideas voted up?

Lawyers, Guns, and Money.

I've been needing this functionality since release 18......I do not understand why this would have not been addressed a decade ago.....I bet solid-works does this.....how can i order steel for manufacture if the system doesn't tell me the exact size i need to order?

I painstakingly have to go into each component and make ref. dimensions which works but is time consuming.

Did anybody use the solution describe in CS29792?

I have tried the Modelcheck approach but it does not work or I am not doing it well

Any help please?

Thanks

DanielO
5-Regular Member

Also we need this feature here. This should be fairly simple to implement an analysis feature that allows to know the bounding box for solid geometry, excluding any other type of feature like datum and surfaces.

Creo View provide this functionality but Creo Parametric doesn't. This is really a pity.

I want it!

if this thing available then it is mostly helpful in BOM

Top Tags