cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creating a new layer to hide datum planes

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst

Creating a new layer to hide datum planes

Is there a way to do this inside an assembly? It seems to work fine at the part level, but I would like to hide datums at the assembly level. I tried checking the "inlcude sub models" box and when I preview results there are hundreds of datums. I click "OK" and the layer tree only shows datums that are created at the assembly level (i.e x, y,z defaults). Does anyone have any input as to why this occurs?

Thanks,

Aaron

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Constantin
13-Aquamarine
(To:Aaronm87)

Hi Aaron,

there is also a functionality that allows you to create layers on part level very easily.
Create a rulebased layer on assembly level then simply "extend" the rule to all parts.

This will crate a layer with the same name and rule in each single component.
If you do this for all desired layers you end up with a very clean layer model.

Extend_rules.jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Constantin
13-Aquamarine

Hi Aaron,
there is no need for an extra layer on the assy level.

If e.g. all of your part DTM layers carry the same name they are automatically grouped under one node and can be hidden/ shown from there.

assy_layers.jpg

Hi Aaron...

Which version of Pro/E or Creo are you using? The screenshot below from Creo Elements Pro/5 (Wildfire 5) allows me to see down into an assembly's sub-components to view all layers.

layer.png

It sounds like maybe you're on Creo 1 or 2 and things are not behaving correctly? Is this the case?

Thanks!

-Brian

I'm using Creo 1.0 however, none of our models have custom layers incorporated. I would like to have all the datum planes hide with a single layer if thats possible.

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst

It looks like it is not retaining the check box for including sub models. When I go back to the layer properaties the box is unchecked everytime.

Constantin
13-Aquamarine

Hi Aaron,

there is also a functionality that allows you to create layers on part level very easily.
Create a rulebased layer on assembly level then simply "extend" the rule to all parts.

This will crate a layer with the same name and rule in each single component.
If you do this for all desired layers you end up with a very clean layer model.

Extend_rules.jpg

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Top Tags