cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo 2 & Intralink 3.4

JWayman
1-Newbie

Creo 2 & Intralink 3.4

Has anyone tried Creo 2.0 with Ilink 3.4?

Does it work at all?

Cheers,

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi John,

I guess people assumed you had found out about it in some other way

The answer (as I understand it) is that you can only use Intralink 3.4 for up to and including WF4. The last conference I went to in 2010 had many very angry questions about ongoing Intralink 3.4 (and beyond) support for WF5 with many companies staying on WF4 until they could get a resolution. There never was a resolution as Intralink stops at 3.4 and PTC want you to use Windchill in some flavour to do your CAD and other file managent. PTC have put a massive push on Windchill and it can do a lot however for many users this was way over the top and they liked the simpler (and very robust) Intralink 3.4

So to Recap WF5, Creo 1+2 cannot use Intralink 3.4 and you need instead to use Windchill as Pro/Intralink (not the same thing as 3.4) or the Windchill PDM Link. Windchill is massively powerful but it takes more to set up and administer.

PTC did introduce a simpler product Productpoint based on MS Sharepoint about three yeas ago but dropped it after release 1.0

PTC do now have a pared back version of Windchill that is supposed to be simpler to install and run for just PDM. Have a look at

http://www.ptc.com/product/windchill/pdm-essentials/

and see if this has any relevance for you.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Brent Drysdale

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I'm astonished that no-one even has an opinion on this.

Not even to advise me not to be so stupid as to think about it!

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:JWayman)

Sorry - No Intralink here.

Hi John,

I guess people assumed you had found out about it in some other way

The answer (as I understand it) is that you can only use Intralink 3.4 for up to and including WF4. The last conference I went to in 2010 had many very angry questions about ongoing Intralink 3.4 (and beyond) support for WF5 with many companies staying on WF4 until they could get a resolution. There never was a resolution as Intralink stops at 3.4 and PTC want you to use Windchill in some flavour to do your CAD and other file managent. PTC have put a massive push on Windchill and it can do a lot however for many users this was way over the top and they liked the simpler (and very robust) Intralink 3.4

So to Recap WF5, Creo 1+2 cannot use Intralink 3.4 and you need instead to use Windchill as Pro/Intralink (not the same thing as 3.4) or the Windchill PDM Link. Windchill is massively powerful but it takes more to set up and administer.

PTC did introduce a simpler product Productpoint based on MS Sharepoint about three yeas ago but dropped it after release 1.0

PTC do now have a pared back version of Windchill that is supposed to be simpler to install and run for just PDM. Have a look at

http://www.ptc.com/product/windchill/pdm-essentials/

and see if this has any relevance for you.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Brent Drysdale

Top Tags