cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creo 3 drawings, conflict box issue

dcox-2
1-Newbie

Creo 3 drawings, conflict box issue

I have just started testing Creo 3 (M060) ahead of our roll out in a few weeks time - currently on 2.0 M120. Immediately I have hit on an issue.

I have Windchill set so that everything I add to a workspace is locked by default. I opened a drawing without unlocking and tried to make a change, so it brought up the "Model is Read Only" conflict box, however when I clicked close the box immediately reappeared and I couldn't get rid of it, had to force close Creo and relaunch.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a fix?

I might have a few more questions as I get into the testing.

Thanks,

Dave

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
mender
6-Contributor
(To:dcox-2)

My best guess is that the particular action you are trying to do is checking the drawing for modifiability too late and failing to cleanly abort.  I'd test something straightforward like Insert General View, and seeing it not happen there, file an SPR for the problematic COOF behavior for the action you were trying to do before.  If it happens for Insert General View as well... well, that's useful information.

Caveat: the above is on general principles, I haven't observed the issue in question.

dcox-2
1-Newbie
(To:mender)

Was unable to insert a general view while the drawing is locked, but did I did try and editing other object types, instead of just notes, which I had tried previously.

Attempting to edit dimensions, or move objects around the sheet does not produce the issue. Also it seems you can clear the issue if you are really fast and can deselect the note between the conflict box closing and reopening, which is more or less instantly but eventually you get lucky.

Thanks for the help, this will be good info to take to ptc support.

mender
6-Contributor
(To:dcox-2)

On-screen WYSIWYG note editing?  That was my guess as to what it might be.  I'll keep an eye out for the SPR.

Top Tags