cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo Parametric 9.0 Freezes due to a "REGENERATION PROGRESS" window overlay

YT_10606041
2-Guest

Creo Parametric 9.0 Freezes due to a "REGENERATION PROGRESS" window overlay

This occurs when clicking "OK"  or deleting datum planes,  the Regeneration Progress window overlays Creo and wont let me continue. 
Solution is still to end it all through task manager and deal with the file loss. 
I don't want to run into this problem in the future when I'm working on something much more time consuming, does anyone know of a solution?
Thank you for looking into this for me.
image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The solution was to update my NVIDIA GPU drivers (Which were only 3 months old). After that and a fresh install of creo it seemed to be work fine.

PC hardware: AMD 5800X, 32GB memory, NVIDIA RTX 3080 and Creo loaded on an SSD

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:YT_10606041)

First thought is maybe you aren't using a PC that has been certified to work with Creo Parametric? You can review the hardware requirements here:

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/support/refdocs/Creo_Parametric/9,-d-,0/creo9_hardware_notes.pdf?sc_lang=en&source=search 

The solution was to update my NVIDIA GPU drivers (Which were only 3 months old). After that and a fresh install of creo it seemed to be work fine.

PC hardware: AMD 5800X, 32GB memory, NVIDIA RTX 3080 and Creo loaded on an SSD

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Can you mark your answer as the solution for future people who find this thread?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Make sure you computer doesn't automatically update your video drivers so that if a new driver, that is not compatible, comes out you are not chasing this down again.

Do you know which Nvidia driver you used that worked? I am running into a similar issue and would like to rule out GPU drivers. Thanks!

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:M_C_Anderson)

@M_C_Anderson Typically before I start trying drivers, I usually test with the config.pro option GRAPHICS win32_gdi (restart creo required)

If that option eliminates the specific problem, then I start testing drivers (after removing the graphics option from the config.pro)

Drivers are usually very specific to your hardware so it is still just guessing. I usually try the latest first. If that doesn't work, then I look for the PTC certified driver listed for my specific hardware assuming that the system is one that is ptc certified. 

If those 2 options don't work, then I just start trying what other versions I can find.

Thanks, I'll be sure to remember that config option in the future. Luckily, the problem I was experiencing seemed to just stop happening. Unfortunately, I don't know what, if anything, I did to fix it. I believe I am on the latest Nvidia drivers for my GPU now, and didn't touch the GRAPHICS config.pro option. Perhaps the age old "did you turn it off and back on again" was all I needed this time.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:M_C_Anderson)

Haha, Always a good start for troubleshooting. A coworker of mine used to leave his stuff open and running for days/weeks. Anytime he would ask me for help, I would always ask, "when was the last time your rebooted...later, he would always tell me, "AND YES I RESTARTED!"   

Top Tags