cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo Parametric appearances: custom libraries of common surface finishes?

mikehoopes
7-Bedrock

Creo Parametric appearances: custom libraries of common surface finishes?

From what I gather, Creo Parametric has a very basic material library, which is missing many very common surface finishes.

I've heard that, in order to procure magical dmt files that contain clear brushed aluminum, yellow and white zinc, tin, chromate, black oxide, brushed stainless steel, and other assorted apparently-exotic finishes, you need to cozy up to some wizened Pro/E veteran and convince them to share their personal dmt files with you.

Is there anyone resident on this forum that would like to share their dmt libraries?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

2 REPLIES 2

Bump. std-metals.dmt has 17 appearances in it. There are standard and polished versions of some of them, but no other surface textures, even though bump maps are supported. Meanwhile, the standard SolidWorks Metal appearance library has polished, brushed, brushed (coarse), satin finish, matte, sandblasted, burnished, cast versions of all metals, and also includes Nickel, White Zinc, Magnesium, Tungsten, Platinum, Lead, Galvanized. It's not comprehensive, but it's far deeper than what Creo offers.

We are also lacking some of the most common final finishes, as mentioned above, but it does include appearances that are never seen in practice as configured in the dmt (copper, steel, polished steel - no oxidation?).

I'm surprised there's been no response to this query in 3.5 years...is this an outlier?

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:mikehoopes)

I can't comment for others, but our appearances are specific to the materials that we commonly work with. We do not have a comprehensive library. We don't do a lot of renders and when we do if we need something specific we make that change in real time. Largely the out of the box appearances work for us.

Top Tags