cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Creo/ Proe won't select edge as ref

rmcboaty
7-Bedrock

Creo/ Proe won't select edge as ref

I have a revolved assembly and am currently designing a new part, referenced to the asm.

The problem is that proe won't allow me to select an edge of an existing part (red line), but am able to select the one on the other side. It only highlights the contour and doesn't let me pick it. on the other side it's ok.

This kind of defeats the point though, since i would want all dimensions to be on one side.

the base sketch for the part, i am trying to make a ref to (so the existing part, not the new one) was made at the same as the existing part if it matters (where the red line is).

it will allow me to select the red line on the other end though.

Is that a bug or a feature, that you can't select a ref where the sketch of the previous part was?

regards

i hope i was clear enough.

the existing part is the one with the red line, new part is one with phantom-ish line above (only marks where the paint will be applied for the drawing)

i only want to have all the refs in one place.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:rmcboaty)

In assembly mode, there are settings that prevent certain types of references, sometimes if a part is active you can only reference entities from itself.  Check those settings.  Also, in the options, your filter may prevent certain references, go check in "Selection".

Also, referencing other PARTS in an assembly is a BAD idea anyway..... 

it's only for painted surfaces, so that they are visible on the drawing (""phantom line"" in the pic). only a sketch, no features.

it happens in parts too (for a new feature), but i am able to select the same face on the other side...

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:rmcboaty)

A sketch IS a feature (datum curve), and will create the same type of external ref issues.

Top Tags