cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How can i reduce the size of an assembly

dcallemein
1-Newbie

How can i reduce the size of an assembly

Hi ,

Is it correct that using subassemblys helps reducing the size and helps to work better with the assembly ?

Kind regards

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dcallemein)

Are you specifically referring to file size on disk or are you talking about large assembly management techniques to improve system performance?

I'm guessing you are referring to large assembly management techniques. Using sub-assemblies helps in that you can work on the sub assy's independently without opening the top level assembly. You may want to look in to using simplified representations to control what models creo brings in to memory.

If your system is running out of RAM, you will have to either add RAM or manage your simplified reps diligently.

Thanks for the answer.

Yes,I was talking about large assembly management techniques.

Are there more techniques to improve system performance without adding RAM ?

Thanks in advance

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dcallemein)

This is a presentation from 2016 conference that discusses some details.

Quick and Dirty Tricks for Large Assembly Management

There is large assortment of PTC support recommendations here:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS133707

This is a quick tip from PTC

Fast Facts! Quick Tips for Using PTC Creo - Assembly Mode

It's likely that you will need to learn a "LOT" about simplified reps. If you have complicated parts, you can use envelope parts to simplify them. If it's just the sheer qty of parts, simplified reps can be used to reduce the models that creo brings in to memory.

There is a learning exchange video on simplified reps (it's free and may use your ptc log in)

Tutorial: Defining Simplified Reps using the Component Chooser

Ok, thanks a lot.

The information is very usefull

Top Tags