cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo View - Saving PVZ Model Correctly

MichaelMcCaskil
1-Newbie

Creo View - Saving PVZ Model Correctly

Hi Guys,

I've searched forums, read user manuals,  and watched videos and I still can not understand how Creo View saves to a PVZ.  For instance, you can save a dozen annotations and click on File Menu > Save All and it appears to do nothing.  Coworkers and myself have lost a lot of annotation work when Creo View crashes.  We are saving often.  When I looked into this, the PVZ file's Date Modified time stamp in Windows 7 File Explorer shows that it was never saved.  It seems Creo View only saves to the PVZ file when the program is exited or closed.  On exit/close, it will display a saving progress indicator writing to the compressed file.  It is also evident it only saves when closing by the Date Modified time stamp in Windows 7 File Explorer.

Am I missing something or does Creo View in fact only save to the PVZ file when it's closed? Should I be using PVS files?  I never have because I didn't want to manage all the files it generates.

Also, when multiple models are merged or a model is inserted into another.  Save All AS PVZ will not save correctly.  The file will save only a fraction of the size of the merged files and it will be empty when it is opened again.  Save ALL COPY OF ALL AS PVZ saves the models correctly.

This is very confusing for new users to know how to save their work.  Anyone have any suggestions for better more reliable saves?

Mike

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Is Creo View connected to Windchill?

My tried and true process for saving a PVZ when viewing a PVZ file in Creo View is to use Save as Selected.  My workflow is to box select the geometry in the graphics area and then I have an icon in the QAT which represents the save as PVZ.

Capture.JPG

Bill,

Thanks for the reply.  I do not use Windchill.  I have never used Save Selected As PVZ.  I will give it a try.

Mike

Top Tags