cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Customizing Table w/ Repeat Region

EricHuffman
2-Guest

Customizing Table w/ Repeat Region

Gurus,

How can I add multiple models to an existing repeat region or table??

I've got an assembly drawing with a fully populated BOM table with repeat region. Now I want to add the related tooling parts to that table but I don't want to assemble the tools in the assembly model because I don't want to deal with simplified reps, family tables, or extra layers.

What I'm hoping is just to add a row to the table and somehow copy/paste the part parameter info (&detail, &weight, etc) into the row but all my attempts have failed.

My workaround is I set the desired model, then add a row, then manually enter text into each cell (&detail, &weight, etc). This is a bit tedious. Can you think of any way to automate this process?

CREO 2.0 m110

Windchill 10.0 m030

Thanks,

Eric

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:EricHuffman)

Have you considered using "Include"? This will make them part of the assembly for BOM purposes but not actually load their geometry.

[cid:image003.jpg@01CFD2A5.7DD54780]

Tom U.

PERFECT!!! Thank You Tom! That is better then what I was hoping for.

Thanks,
Eric

This is awesome! Will "included" parts come along for the ride when you do
a backup? Also, do these parts load into ram when assembly is opened?
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:EricHuffman)

Yes, and Yes.
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags