cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Does Anyone have trouble with ProE WF.5 model integrity when imported to Mastercam?

dparks-2
1-Newbie

Does Anyone have trouble with ProE WF.5 model integrity when imported to Mastercam?

I need some input on consistant model integrity issues when a ProE part is loaded into Mastercam.  I have found a lot of config settings to handle export settings but seem to have made things worst when guessing at what to set.  I generally go back and forth between file types .prt, .iges, step. as well as adjust file tolerance until something works.  Many times I have to remodel or adjust features of the model because the designers just don't understand the caveats that create issues for the manufacturing side.  90% of the time model problems that need to be modified don't affect the design yet still require correction to avoid downstream corruption with in my CAM system.

This has been an issue throughout my 20 years at doing this, and I thought it time I reached out and acquired more knowledge if possible.  I am a focal point for fixing the models that will not import without problems and while I can usually visually see spots that are going to be troublesome sometimes it is not apparent and it takes up a great deal of time.  I appreciate any input with regard to saving .prt files and options on how the file is saved <I am machining against these so triangular mesh is not desired> exporting if formats for STEP AND IGES

Thank you in advance for input.

d

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Damon,

yes, feeling  your pain, as the years go by and the versions go up on both sides

it seems to be getting worst instead of better.  we have not found a good solution.

...but...

SpaceClaim seems to be a decent go between.

User beware....it will make some crazy assumptions

Top Tags