cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Draft to sketch?

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Draft to sketch?

I have a top view of a component, that I want to show in a P&ID drawing. All I want is a 2D sketch since everything else is 2D.

I opened up the part, made a drawing with the top view I want, and converted the view to draft entities. I can select the sketch mode in the drawing and copy the draft entities, but can't seem to use them in a sketch for curves in a part.

Is there a way to do this?

What I want to end up with is a set of parametric curve entities that I can manipulate as needed.

I'd rather not do this as draft entities in a drawing.

This is what the item looks like.
[cid:image001.png@01CF7E3C.37CDDE90]

I know it's simple enough to sketch, but I was hoping for an easier method.

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Thanks to Neal Hanratty for reminding me of a trick I used to use.

Export the drawing to DFX. Then import into the sketch.

You do that now with this button in the sketcher.
[cid:image002.png@01CF7E3F.20AE3180]

It came in at the wrong scale, I just selected all the dims, picked this [cid:image003.png@01CF7E3F.20AE3180]
Locked scale and then changed one of the dims to the proper length.
[cid:image004.png@01CF7E3F.20AE3180]

David Haigh

I was just playing around with this again to see where I went wrong with the scale.

By default it came in at less than 1 to 1. Changeing the number in the scale box to 1 fixes the problem.
I had to delete the format lines.

[cid:image001.png@01CF7E40.A327E060]

David Haigh
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags