cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Drawing Note for View Model

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Drawing Note for View Model

Does anyone know if there is a way to create a drawing note that will display the model used to create a specific view in a drawing? We are doing something right now where we have multiple models added to a drawing (that are not in an assembly) and we want to create a note (or symbol) that can be attached each view. The note (or symbol) should return information about the model used in that view, not necessarily the active model in the drawing or the drawing itself. Essentially I'm looking for something similar to repeat region BOM behavior, but referencing the drawing's contents instead of an assembly. Thanks.

Tom Uminn
Engineering Systems Analyst
trans-matic Mfg.
616-820-2499
-<">mailto:->

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
ChadSmith
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

We are running Creo 1.0 M10.

We want to pull the Material Description into the title block.

We are using a start part that has all of our materials from which the user picks the material for that part. We know how to pull in the Material Name using PTC_Material_Name, but PTC_Material_Description does not pull the currently selected material.

I was messing around and found that if you put PTC_Material_Description in a table repeat region then it will list out all of the descriptions for all of the materials in the part (originated with the start part).

I got some help from a super user to show me how to find the material number that will pull the correct description as PTC_Material_Description:MTRL_55, but you have to manually find the MTRL_55 for the currently selected material.

I am sure that we are not the first organization to want to pull the material description into a note or in the title block. Does anyone know how to pull this directly without manually entering it?

I know that we could change the Material Name to be equal to the description, but we had issues in our file system when we named files with spaces and special characters so we are trying to avoid them.

Any help will be appreciated.

[acumed_blue_logo]
Chad Smith
Product Engineer
5885 NW Cornelius Pass Rd.
Hillsboro, OR 97124-9432
www.acumed.net<">mailto:chad.smith@acumed.net>
Not applicable
(To:TomU)

Create a Note, With Leader. Attach leader to part. Enter '&PARTNUMBER:att_mdl' as the text in the note.

Thanks,
David
Top Tags